The teachers of Fine Arts in Hingham hold that
- An art experience is a highly personal and unique interaction involving the student and the art object
- Direct experience involving the use of media is essential for any complete understanding of art
- While standards of art performance are desirable, they are relative to the individual student’s capacity to perform
- Students contemplating extended involvement in art and/or pursuit of a career in art should begin art electives as early as possible.
All courses in this department address Student Learning Expectations 3, 4, and 6.
For more information, please go to:
- Art Department Website
- Curriculum Summaries: Preschool, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5, Middle School, High School
- Department Review