We enjoy learning.
We will keep learning for the rest of our lives.
We are responsible and respectful.
We feel good about ourselves.
We are creative thinkers and problem solvers.
This school year our students will be taught a rigorous curriculum by our highly qualified faculty members. The core values of our school are woven into the curriculum throughout each child’s school day because they represent what parents and faculty feel is the essence of learning at Foster School. At Foster School our students will:
- Enjoy the process of learning, constantly striving to meet their potential and become lifelong learners.
- Be responsible and will demonstrate respect for self, others, and property.
- Practice critical thinking skills to solve problems.
- Have a strong sense of community both in and outside of school.
The School Council developed our School Improvement Plan. Our theme for 2015-2016 is Fostering Heroes. Copies of our Plan are available in the office. Our goals from our Plan include the following:
- Increase student achievement in literacy: Pilot two literacy programs, grades ones through four. Refine and review strategies, supplementary materials, supplementary programs, and assessments that support our Literacy Program as revised to include the literacy common core standards.
- Increase student achievement in mathematics: Full implementation of the new EDM program. Refine and review strategies, supplementary materials, supplementary programs, and assessments that support our Mathematics Program as revised to include the math common core standards.
- Foster – a community of learners: Continue to develop responsible learners, who participate in instruction, attend to instruction, pursue interests and meet potential.
- Foster – a community focused on service: Continue developing an understanding and appreciation of giving to and supporting others through service-learning.
- Foster – a community committed to global awareness: Continue to develop an understanding and appreciation for a more environmentally aware community, nation, and world for living and learning.