HINGHAM SCHOOL COMMITTEE
July 17, 2017 7:00 p.m
School Department Conference Room
- Call to Order
- Approval of Minutes
2.1 Minutes of the School Committee meeting held on June 5, 2017.
2.2 Minutes of the School Committee Community Outreach Forum held on June 19, 2017.
2.3 Minutes of the School Committee meeting held on June 19, 2017.
2.4 Minutes of the School Committee working session held on June 28, 2017.
- Questions and Comments
Audience comments are always welcome as agenda items are discussed. The School Committee has set aside fifteen minutes on this agenda to enable members of the audience to raise questions and make comments on any matter of general concern that is not on the agenda. Individual speakers shall be limited to three minutes. Speakers are reminded that the meeting is being televised and are asked to respect the privacy rights of others. Comments against any individual are not allowed by Policy #3.7.5.
- Superintendent’s Report
- Athletic Director Search Update
- Hiring Update
- DESE Transition to online testing for all
- Facilities Update
- Metco Update
- Middle School Transition Room Report
- May-June Facilities & Maintenance Report
- 3/17/17 U.S. Supreme Court decision – Endrew F. v. Douglas County School District
5.1 Communications Received by the Superintendent
- Parent Letter
5.2 Other Communications
- New Business
6.1 State Senator Patrick O’Connor, State Representatives James Murphy and Joan Meschino will attend the meeting to discuss the state budget and provide other legislative updates.
6.2 To hear the annual SEPAC Report.
6.3 To receive a report on the School Department’s Response to the 2012 “Walker” Report and hear changes and improvements in Special Education Services and Staffing that have resulted since 2012.
6.4 To review and act on recommended changes to the building use and transportation fee schedules, as proposed by John Ferris and recommended by the Policy Subcommittee.
6.5 To receive proposed revisions to Policy 6.24, as recommended by the Policy Subcommittee (1st Reading).
6.6 To review proposed revisions to Policy 3.1, as recommended by the Policy Subcommittee (1st Reading).
6.7 To act on the appointments to the 2017 School Building Committee.
6.8 To act on the proposed School Committee Meeting Calendar for 2017-2018.
- Other items as may not reasonably be known 48 hours in advance of the meeting
- Subcommittee and Project Reports
- Motion to move to Executive Session, not to return to Open Session, for the purpose of discussing strategies with respect to matters related to the collective bargaining agreement with HEA, Unit A. The public discussion of which may be detrimental to the Committee’s bargaining position.
NEXT SCHOOL COMMITTEE MEETING: August 14, 2017 at 7:00 in the School Department Conf. Room.