In addition to attaining proficiency in at least one language other than English, the goal of the Foreign Language program is that all students become life-long learners. They should be equipped linguistically and culturally to function as citizens in a pluralistic society and in the global community in which they now live. All modern foreign language courses are conducted in the target language. The students develop the skills of listening, speaking, reading, and writing along with an appreciation and understanding of a culture different from their own. In Latin the goal is for students to be able to read, understand, and interpret passages written by ancient authors, as well as recognize and reproduce spoken Latin excerpts.
- Curriculum Summaries:
- HMS Guidelines for Recommendations in Foreign Language Classes
- Hingham Public Schools Foreign Language Course Sequences
- Summer Assignments 2019
- Awards and Opportunities for Students
- Foreign Language Program Review 2018
- Resources for Elementary Students